I’m back at work since Tuesday. Oh boy was it hard to leave the little one behind. I miss his smell, his smile, I miss having him close to me 24/7. I’m lucky that my mother is looking after our precious boy. I just hope he is not giving mom a hard time. He has been really clingy this past week not allowing me to leave his sight. Oh I miss my baby boy 😭

I still owe a birth story. Now I know why people stop updating their blogs once their babies came. Who has the time? I really haven’t had the chance to write. Taking care of baby is all I do. House chores are left for hubby or at least till he is home and takes the baby off my hands. I must admit taking care of the little one has not been easy for me. I’m so sleep deprived. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a mom, just that the lack of sleep almost drove me over the edge. Baby is doing well sleep wise really but this spoil mom misses her 8 hours of sleep. Well more on the sleep deprivation story later. This is going to be long. I want to remember everything.

Now back to baby A birth story…

Where did I leave off, oh the fall at the hospital café? After the incident, the dr didn’t want to take the risk of me going into labor on my own asked us to come in on Monday and get admitted. I was supposed to come fasting as the c-section was to be done the very day. I spend the weekend getting myself prepared mentally for Monday’s surgery. I think I was focusing so much on the pregnancy and staying pregnant and also the process of getting the baby here, I did not prepare myself enough for when the baby actually gets home. We arrived early on Monday to see the dr before being admitted. During the scan the dr decided that he wanted to be on the safe side and give me a steroid jab to mature the baby’s lung. Baby was measuring 3.9kg on the scan. I was admitted to the hospital but no action on Monday just the 2 steroid shots. Looks like I’m going to have a Tuesday baby. I would be 37weeks and 3days.

The surgery was scheduled for the afternoon at around 2. I have discussed with the dr earlier that I wanted a spinal block but when the anesthetist came to see me to brief me, he said he would recommend that I had the general anesthesia. He says he would be able to control my blood pressure better this way and also the fact that I had herniated disc in my spine, all the more reason to go the GA route. Though I had dreamt to have hubby with me during the birth, I decided to follow the expert advice. I didn’t have time to grief on the change in my birth plan. I only focused on what is best to get my baby here safe and healthy.

The OT was booked solid that day. I wasn’t wheeled to the OT till about 3, anxious and hungry. Hubby held my hand as I was wheeled outside the OT, then retreated to the waiting room. The OT was cold but a familiar setting as the one I was in for my DnC in 2014 but this time I would go out of the OT with a take home baby. Once in the OT everything was quick. The anesthetist said hello and put a line on my hand. I hate having the line put in. Then I felt something hot pushed on my vain at the same time a nurse came and put an oxygen mask on me and told me to breath. That was all I remembered. The next thing I remember was seeing hubby standing beside my bed saying our baby is here and he is so cute. Then I was out again. Hubby told me later that my mom and dad also had the chance to come see me in the recovery area but I had no recollection of it. I guess I was out cold.

Once the anesthesia has worn off and I was more alert and my vital stable, I was wheeled back to my room. By this time hubby, mom and dad had already seen the baby. I was quite envious that they got to see and touch him before I did, but I liked the fact that baby got to bond with his daddy while I was still in recovery.

The first time I met him, it felt like I’ve known him all my life. He felt familiar, it felt right. I fell in love.<<
e dr came by to check up on me. He said the procedure went well. While he was in there he found endometriosis and had them removed (thank you dr M). My uterus was not shrinking as fast as it should so I was given Pitocin for the next 3 day to help it along. I also got the handy dandy red button connected to yummy pain killer that I was supposed to press if I felt pain. The truth is the button didn’t work for me. The Pitocin made the contraction very strong and painful. I had a catheter for urine and was not able to leave the bed till all of these are removed in 3 days. Argggg. I hated being immobile and confined to the bed.

The baby stayed with us that first night. I tried to nurse him but my milk has not come and I was still out of it with the meds still in my system. The baby would scream in hunger and I felt helpless. I slept that first night with baby in my arms. By the 3rd day, the catheter was and drip were removed. I was told I could go to the toilet and move around if I want to. I was surprised that the nurses did not offer to help me up to help me to walk. I was so scared to take my first step since I’ve read on some blogs that it would hurt, but surprisingly I felt good. I was able to walk around with almost no pain at all. I was so sure the dr would let us go home soon. That was before we got news that baby A had jaundice and had to stay under the light. Our hospital stay ended up to be 7 days in total as the baby’s jaundice level were high and we didn’t want to leave baby A at the hospital. And even so, we didn’t get to leave with the baby (I cried a river having to leave baby A behind. I was inconsolable that 3 nurses came to pacify me). He ended up at the hospital for another 3 days before he was able to come home with us.

We welcome Mr A jr. (I wanted to post his birth announcement but I can’t seem to upload photos??)

Born to Mr A and Ms N on Tuesday 17th November 2015 at 4:21pm. Weighing 3.77kg and 54cm long via planned c-section.